Translate

Monday, August 27, 2012

Proud Teacher :-)


Two of our kids were chosen to go on the morning show to read their individual sentences for last week's Top Dog Word of the Week; proficient. I was so proud to have an overwhelming response from my kids; a number of them participated and they were excited that they were able to use the word.......well.........proficiently!
 
Another student made me super proud today. He came in this morning SO excited that he could read the first poem from his poetry journal. (Just having him excited about the poem was enough for me to be proud of.) This afternoon I had him read the poem to the class and he read it beautifully; I could hear the rhyme and flow of language. After he finished reading, he informed me that he could also read it without holding his journal. He memorized the poem! Wow.  I love when children are excited to learn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment